BELOW GRADE PROJECT: 49er’s Stadium
- Project: San Francisco 49er’s New Football Stadium
- Location: Santa Clara, CA
- Product: Insulfoam GeoFoam 2,500 cubic feet of EPS39 and 25,000 cubic feet of EPS15
- Application: Below grade structural void fill to support foundation for the fan seating areas
The contractors (Conoco Company of Concord and Turner & Devcon Construction) chose EPS Geofoam due to it’s extremely low weight and high load-bearing capacity to support the dimensional stability required for concrete topping slabs. Insulfoam’s multiple manufacturing locations in California and nearby states provided just-in-time deliveries direct to the job site, which was a welcome bonus.
The single largest benefit to concrete contractors when using EPS is the ability of the material to constitute half of the form and the fill simultaneously, which completely eliminates the concept of a two pour operation. Read the full project profile here: San Francisco 49er’s Find EPS Geofoam Useful In Future Home.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Geofoam is 98% lighter than traditional fill
- Geofoam does not settle
- Geofoam eliminates lateral stresses from retaining structures
- Geofoam can be designed for seismic forces