EPS IN BELOW-GRADE APPLICATIONS?
Yes, when using engineered EPS products that are made in strict accordance with ASTM standards for below-grade insulation.
FACT: All insulation is NOT created equal. As a guide when choosing the right insulation product and manufacturer for moisture protection and thermal insulation, refer to ASTM C578. This third party standard establishes the minimum physical properties and requirements, and is the industry’s consensus standard for BOTH expanded (EPS) and extruded (XPS) polystyrene. For example, not all EPS manufacturers can produce 40 or 60 psi insulation in accordance with ASTM C578; Insulfoam does – it makes both products across its US locations.
BELOW-GRADE INSULATION PROJECT FEATURE
Rouser Concrete, the concrete contractor for the Starwood Hotel Finance Headquarters project in Arizona, chose Insulfoam R-Tech due to its superior performance as a durable and stable under-slab insulation which came at an economical price- great value for money.
During construction, the surrounding high-end retail stores were open for business, making it difficult for trucks to get in and out with product. And storage space was at a premium. Insulfoam’s Phoenix plant stepped in as a ‘local’ manufacturer with Just-In-Time, delivering however much product was needed at the jobsite at a given time.
- Project: Starwood Hotel Finance Headquarters
- Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
- Product: R-Tech 10, 65,000 Sq. Ft.
- Application: Under Slab
WHAT MAKES R-TECH EPS AN EFFECTIVE BELOW-GRADE INSULATION?
High compressive strength and engineered facers on both sides make R-Tech the most versatile combination of performance and economy.
- COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH- high compressive resistance that can be tailored to the loading requirements of the job
- MOISTURE PROTECTION- comparative study shows R-Tech has very low long-term moisture retention with no detrimental effect on its physical properties
- THERMAL STABILITY- long-term, stable, and warranted R-value that does not drift
- BEST R-VALUE PER DOLLAR- of comparable rigid insulations
- NATIONWIDE PRESENCE- manufacturing locations throughout the US
Visit Insulfoam for more information.